The Masonic Villages of Pennsylvania
For more than 130 years, the Masonic Villages have been pursuing a vision of excellence to meet the needs of others. Below is a brief summary on how we became one caring family. More detailed information on each location can be found by clicking on the location name.
The Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill originated as The Masonic Home of Pennsylvania, founded in 1871. Previously located in Philadelphia, this haven for poor and sick Pennsylvania Freemasons relocated to Montgomery County in 1976 and currently offers continuing care retirement services for more than 250 residents. Meanwhile, in the center part of the state, The Masonic Village at Elizabethtown was founded as the Masonic Homes of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania in 1910, offering services to aging Freemasons and their spouses. The 1,400-acre campus with 1,700 residents has grown into a continuing care retirement community, including a health care center, children's home and residences for more than 1,700 residents.
Also in the eastern part of the state, The Masonic Village at Warminster was founded in 1929 by the Grand Chapter of Pennsylvania, Order of the Eastern Star, as the Eastern Star Home-East, and affiliated with the Masonic Homes of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania in 1998. It presently provides nursing care and personal care accomodations for more than 60 residents. To provide services to those living in western Pennsylvania, The Masonic Village at Sewickley, formerly the Valley Care Nursing Home, was founded in 1984. It joined the Masonic Homes of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania in 1999, and residents and staff of the former Eastern Star Home-West moved into the village in 2001. This continuing care retirement community is home to 532 residents.
On January 1, 2004, the Masonic Homes became the Masonic Villages of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania.
To meet the growing need for active adult retirement communities, The Masonic Village at Dallas, our newest community, was founded on March 9, 2005, on the grounds of the Irem Country Club and Golf Course, which was established by the Irem Shrine in 1923.
Click here to view our various brochures and publications.